If you have roofing issues, chances are you are hoping to get by with a repair instead of a replacement. A repair is typically cheaper and faster than a replacement. However, sometimes a roof replacement in Granbury is needed to really get to the heart of the issue. Your need for repair or replacement will depend on the depth of your issues, so you want to talk with a trusted contractor about your specific situation. Here are 14 signs that a roof repair might not be enough to fix your roofing issue.
- Your roof is 20 years old or older.
- Your shingles are cracked or broken.
- Some of your shingles are starting to blister.
- Moss is growing on your shingles and comes back when you brush it off.
- You notice dark streaks of algae on your shingles and roof deck.
- Your last Granbury roofing company had to use excessive patching.
- You suspect moisture is getting trapped in your home due to peeling paint.
- Granules have fallen off of your shingles to the extent there are bald spots.
- Many of your neighbors, whose houses are the same age, are getting new roofs.
- Your shingles are curled or warped.
- There has been a recent increase in your energy bill.
- You notice a second layer of shingles below your current roof.
- Patches of shingles are missing.
- You notice damaged flashing around chimneys, skylights and other protrusions.
Some of these signs alone point to the need to contact the top roofers in Granbury. For example, if patches of your shingles are missing, it is time to call in the experts. If you notice many of these signs, chances are your roof needs to be replaced sooner rather than later. Signs of algae, moss and peeling paint point toward moisture issues, which can lead to huge, bank-busting problems if left unattended. Work with experts in roof replacement to take care of your project.